Soccer teams faced tough oppositions

Girls 1Dead silence was followed by deafening cheers as Jason J. (11), scored the winning goal in the TAS boy’s soccer match against  ISM. This was the first time the team has won a game in years.
The TAS boy’s soccer team faced relentless opposition, but managed to tie against ISKL, as well as defeat ISM, securing them a spot in the consolation match. Though they put up a fantastic effort in their bid for a medal, the boy’s team ultimately lost the match against JIS, and placed fourth.
The Lady Tigers team started the weekend off on a high by tying with ISKL in a nail-biting first match.The remainder of the tournament, however, proved to be more of a challenge, as the team lost their remaining four matches. The team placed sixth in this year’s IASAS tournament.
The fact that the girl’s team included eleven “rookie” players could have been seen as a disadvantage, but both co-captains of the Lady Tigers thought the reverse. “We are a fairly young team this year, and it was difficult to start out at the beginning of the season,” said co-captain, Lorraine L. (11), “However as time went on, and as each week passed, the team improved tremendously!” With only two seniors leaving, this bodes well for the future.
Boy’s co-captain, Wei An L. (12), agrees. “As coach (Lochrin) said, we started off as a group of 16 individuals, but after these seven weeks, and the painful weekly mandatory team dinners, we have become a team. Tigers Soccer is at a whole new level.”