Camping but in luxury: what glamping is really like in Taiwan

[LAURA HSU/THE BLUE & GOLD]

After arriving at Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi, located in Jiaoxi township, you take a right turn down to the outdoor parking area, which leads into a row of camping trailers parked right alongside a golf field with biking pathways intervening throughout the grassy area.
Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi’s outdoor trailer camping area is one of the best five-star glamping locations in Taiwan. Although it is a 40 minute long drive from Taipei city, it is definitely worth the drive once the endless fields of rice patties and meadows come into view. 
Once you arrive at the glamping location, you will see a row of trailers all parked and set up for each camper to check-in. A table is set up right outside each parked trailer which is also numbered for convenience. Each trailer looks identical to the other, with a clean white matte look as the outlook. The interior of each trailer is similar to a hotel room, almost like an apartment floor sized down in order to fit into an enclosed space. 
The living room within the trailer can be transformed into an open space that can fit three sleeping bags. The front door is right next to the kitchen sink and small fridge that is connected with a large storage closet. Opposite of the sink area is the bathroom, which is sufficiently spaced so one would not feel claustrophobic.
Throughout the day, activities like golfing, biking, marble games, and bingo are available for campers to participate in. Each activity is conducted by a staff member who instructs you on how to play and the equipment given to campers are all in great condition. 
At night, right before dinner is served in the resting area located outside each trailer, a campfire is set up for all campers to roast marshmallows. Cozy seats are set up around the campfire, and tables are decorated with fairy lights and glass jars of marshmallows are set up. Another table was set up and filled up with candy, chips, and hot tea. The whole process of setting up the campfire and marshmallows are all taken care of by the staff at Hotel Chiao Hsi, which, in my opinion, truly encapsulates the glamorous and enjoyable side of glamping. 
Overall, Hotel Royal provides campers with an enjoyable location to experience glamping, and is the most suitable place for campers who are tired of living in boring hotel rooms and instead want to experience something more adventurous but glamorous.