The Bal’e Villa, perfect place to relax in nature

[DAPHNE WANG/THE BLUE & GOLD]

Sitting on a golf cart with your luggage behind you as you pull up to the entrance of The Bal’e Villa. The Bal’e Villa is a villa that is perfect for family traveling and is a place where you can relax with the calm and serene surroundings. The theme of this villa is more of a South East Asian theme to fit its location up in the mountains. Though it is two hours away in Puli, Nantou, it is definitely worth the drive. 

Each room in this villa is very spacious with its own backdoor leading to a small outdoor lounge with a hot tub. Some rooms on the first floor also have its own garden pathway leading up to a small front porch before the entrance. Each room is evenly spaced out with wooden planks in between carefully decorated with vines and flowers to fit the nature theme. Since there are only 15 individual rooms in total, it is hard to get a reservation. 

The only facility The Bal’e Villa provides is an outdoor infinity pool with a really nice view. There are multiple poolside lounge chairs laid out with an outdoor bar to the side. This is a really good place to relax while enjoying the mountain view. You can also stay to watch the sunset as it will reflect off the water surface perfect for an instagram photo. 

Both dinner and breakfast are included in the overall price per night. There are many food choices for you to choose from while some are even prepared right in front of you. Both breakfast and dinner are buffets so it is worth the price you pay.  

The price overall for a room of two people per night is around $10,000 NT while a room with four people is around 20,000. Since villas are normally more expensive than normal hotels, this price is considerable. 

Overall, I think this villa is in a good location up in the mountains with great views as the villa itself is decorated accordingly. Though the pool was the only facility, it was definitely the best part of the villa besides the huge rooms and outdoor tub. If you are looking for a place to travel with your family or even friends, I would definitely recommend you to book this villa.