Ideal cafes for studying

Stoppage Time ($$$)

Rating: 4/5

Address: No. 30, Alley 15, Lane 96, Section 2, Heping East Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

Telephone: 02 2736 6506

Stoppage Time is a spacious and bright cafe to study in, full of big wooden tables that can fit approximately 4 people with plenty of space for each person. Next to the tables,  a movie is projected onto a blank wall allowing people to relax and take a break without distracting them from their studies.There is a wide variety of food options to choose from, and the minimum charge for each person is only one beverage. Although the food was on the pricey side, the dishes were simple and appetizing.  of the best dishes on the menu was the avocado toast. Overall, this is a great cafe to study in downtown, if you are looking for a roomy, spacious cafe.

ForGood Cafe ($$$)

Rating: 3/5 

Address: No. 12, Lane 41, Yongkang Street, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

Telephone:  02 3393 8659

ForGood Cafe serves simple homemade food, including paninis, quiches, and cheesecakes. Its casual and laid-back environment makes it a good brunch spot. Although the seats were comfortable and the cafe was quiet and spacious, the Wi-Fi connection was poor and the overall lighting was rather dim, as the layout of the cafe heavily depended on the natural lighting from the sun. The food was also slightly pricey for its small quantity. Thus, ForGood cafe is not the most ideal place to study in.

Light Bar Cafe ($$)  

Rating: 4/5

Address: No. 12, Lane 134, Section 3, Xinyi Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

Telephone: 02 2709 3843

Light Bar Cafe offers a wide range of food and popular food items include their hazelnut latte, banana toast, and burgers. With its huge glass windows, wooden tables, and simple Edison light bulbs, Light Bar Cafe has a cozy and homey atmosphere. The cafe has three floors and comfortably fits around thirty people. The food is extremely tasty and of high quality, and the cafe tends to be pretty quiet during the weekdays, allowing customers to stay as long as they wish. The cafe also provides a fast Wi-Fi connection, making it the perfect place for long study sessions.