Analysis: NBA's Offseason teams graded

[PHOTO COURTESY OF NEON BRAND ON UNSPLASH]

Denver Nuggets:
Grade: B-
Denver hasn’t made much moves over the offseason, after drafting Oregon center Bol Bol and signing former Oklahoma City Thunder forward Jerami Grant, the Nuggets hope to continue their successful season last year. However, being in the western conference this year will not be easy. Will Nikola Jokic be able to carry the Nuggets offense again this year? Is Paul Millsap still worthy as a starter? When is Michael Porter Jr. coming back? All these concerns will be left to the organization this year. After achieving an unexpected win in their series with the San Antonio Spurs, will the Nuggets be able to break through their ceiling?
Prediction: 43-39

Boston Celtics:
Grade: A+
After suffering the losses of Kyrie Irving and Al Horford, the Celtics did an astounding job ensuring the team has high chances going deep into the playoffs next season. Signing star point guard Kemba Walker and big man Enes Kanter is enough for the team to cover the losses of Boston’s two outgoing stars. Former all star Gordon Hayward is also in great shape, could be welcoming a breakout seasons. Despite the starpower already on the team, Boston was also a success in the draft as they welcomed Tennessee power forward Grant Williams, Indiana shooting guard Romeo Langford, Former NCAA Jerry West award winner Carsen Edwards and Tacko Fall. Even the lower picks of the draft revealed their potential during summer league, the future is bright in Boston.
Prediction: 50-32

Charlotte Hornets:
Grade: D-
It looks like, once again, buzz city will not be heading to the playoffs this year. Despite losing star players Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lamb, and Frank Kaminsky, the only players the hornets managed to sign was Terry Rozier. Also with heavy contracts from Nicolas Batum, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist, Cody Zeller and Marvin Williams, it will be hard for Hornets to make any major changes for the rest of the offseason. They have a young core with Miles Bridges and Malik Monk, both could develop into strong starters. The other upside is PJ Washington, the 12th pick power forward from Kentucky, who showed his potential in college, averaging 15+ points and 7+ rebounds. The only problem is that from the past, we can see that the Hornets aren’t exactly the best team at handling talent. In conclusion, Michael Jordan might be the greatest of all time, but he certainly isn’t at the front office.
Prediction: 22-60

Cleveland Cavaliers:
Grade: B+
Cleveland is still suffering from the trauma of losing Lebron James and Kyrie Irving. With their only remaining all star Kevin Love out most parts of the season, Cleveland took last season slow and focused on developing their young stars. This year, it may seem like Cleveland is on their second stage of rebuilding. Drafting Vanderbilt star point guard Darius Garland, USC’s Kevin Porter Jr. and shooter Dylan Windler, it is a decent trio who could be the dark horses of this year’s rookie class. Also hiring Michigan coach John Beilein, who might be a key factor of ending the chaos in Cleveland. Could Cleveland succeed and form the new Damian Lillard and CJ Mccollum with Garland and Sexton?
Prediction: 33-49

Golden State Warriors:
Grade: A+
After all the drama of Kevin Durant’s departure, the Bay city has not only fully recovered their loss of one of the greatest scorers of all time, they have added many young talents to the team, continuing their legacy. Drafting Michigan star Jordan Poole and big man Eric Paschall creates two young players who could end up being the steal of this draft. The sign and trade of D’Angelo Russell again cements the legacy of Bob Myers and the all star guard will immediately be a force in their offense along with Stephen Curry and a healthy Klay Thompson. Also adding Alec Burks, Willie Cauley Stein, Glenn Robinson III and Omari Spellman to the roster, not only is their concern of rebounding and post defense eased but the bench is also added with many great players. It is possible that the splash brothers could come back this season and claim the trophy that they slightly missed last year.
Prediction: 56-26