NBA Preseason Summary

[PHOTO COURTESY OF RAMIRO PIANAROSA ON UNSPLASH]

Ben Simmons hit a THREE! The 2019-20 play of the year had already been determined even before the start of the season. Summer videos of Simmons training his shot beyond the arc had gone viral, and all the NBA fans have witnessed the miracle.
NBA pre-season has been pretty crazy so far, here is a summary of all the big events.
All the madness was capped off with the Houston Rockets’ win over the Los Angeles Clipper led by James Harden’s 37 points. Even though star players such as Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and Russell Westbrook didn’t play, the fan’s excitement was obvious through media and in real life.
Other key storylines include the debuts of the 2019 NBA rookie class. No doubt, the player surrounded with the most hype is New Orleans Pelicans 6-6 forward Zion Williamson. Famous for his crazy athleticness (40.5 inches vertical) and acrobatic abilities, Zion will no doubt be the center of media attention for a while. The rookie’s debut shone with a bright 16 points, 3 assists, 7 rebounds, and two instagram viral dunks. The second game the rookie played was definitely a warning to the league, leading all scorers with 29 points and successfully defeating the Chicago Bulls 127-125.
Other rookies also showed the potential of this draft class. Warriors rookie shooting guard Jordan Poole splashed 17 points on his debut Sunday against the lakers despite suffering a 22 points loss. Zion’s former teammate, 2nd pick of the draft, RJ Barrett also showed out as he scored 17 points and grabbed 7 rebounds despite playing for 39 minutes. Next, Tyler Herro, the Miami Heat shooting guard out of Kentucky, also gave heat fans some hope as he scored 18 points on wednesday, leading the Heat over one of the best teams in the nba, the San Antonio Spurs.
The new look Rockets duo Russell Westbrook and James Harden also showed out in their second game against Toronto, yesterday, the duo each scored 22 points while playing less than 30 minutes. Harden also had 9 assists while Westbrook and 4 assists and 3 rebounds, the Rockets successfully defeated the Raptors 118-111.
Today, Stephen Curry also proved his doubters wrong as he scored 40 points in only 25 minutes to defeat the Timberwolves 143-123. The Warriors will definitely be a team to watch as fans will see how the team rebounds from its losses of Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson’s injury.
NBA preseason has given us a taste of how wonderful the basketball season is, the official 2019-20 NBA season will be capped off 10/23 with the Raptors playing the Pelicans and the Clippers playing the Lakers