TAS Alumni Office holds 14th annual Homecoming Reunion

On Thursday, Jan. 11, the Taipei American School Alumni Office held its 14th annual Alumni College Student Homecoming Reunion, with many graduates of the school returning to their alma mater to share stories of their experiences in university. Advisory panels composed of graduates from the TAS class of 2017 held Q&A sessions with parents in the morning, and provided current seniors with advice about their upcoming transition to college in the afternoon. For lunch, the Alumni Office sponsored a TAS traditional favorite meal, Chinese Chicken Leg, for all attendees.
Ms. Helen Chen, TAS Alumni/Community Outreach Officer, says, “I hope the seniors get the opportunity to talk to the returning alumni, both officially and unofficially. And for the alumni, [this event] allows them to come back to TAS, to relive their memories, to see their teachers, and share their college insights.”
David Chang (‘17), now a student at Case Western Reserve University, mentioned several such insights to the Class of 2018. Since many seniors submitted their final college applications in early January, David says, “After you’re done with the regular round of applications, you should take the time to get to know people in your grade–establish that connection. Explore other parts of Taiwan, so when you go to college, you have more experiences to talk about.” Regarding the Homecoming Reunion itself, he says, “I haven’t really talked to a lot of my other classmates [since I went to college]. I’ll take some time to approach them today, and I’ll keep coming to this event, if they come as well.”