Carnival fun at prom

Taipei American School will be holding its annual Prom on May 18, located for the first time at the Mayfull Hotel in Zhongshan District.
This year’s theme is “Carnival.” Prom will feature a bevy of carnival themed games, such as bean bag toss, claw machines, and a high striker machine.
There will also be a raffle held at the event. Prizes include tardy-free slips, get-out-of-detention slips, teddy bears, and more. Furthermore, to enhance the student experience, there will be multiple photo booths, creating opportunities for students to preserve treasured memories with treasured people.
The highlight of prom may be a fortune teller booth, featuring Upper School associate principal Mr. Andrew
Lowman. About seven to eight years ago, prom had a similar theme. Mr. Lowman thought that it would be interesting to incorporate a fortune teller at prom this year.
Co-Prom Head Happy Moo (‘19) said, “The venue is beautiful this year,” she continues, “I really hope that students enjoy themselves. I hope everyone can take lots of pictures, play the games we organized, and get on the floor and slow dance!” Keanne Chang (‘19), also a Co-Prom Head, said, “The thing people will remember about the venue will definitely be the lobby as it has this amazing chandelier and staircase that leads up to the ballroom.”