Taipei American Schools hosts international college fair

The Counseling Association of Taiwan College Fair was held at Taipei American School, on Sept. 15, hosting 135 colleges from around the world. The fair was open to students from other schools in Taiwan, such as Morrison Academy Kaohsiung and Pacific American School The fair was held in the Joie Gymnasium, and students could ask college representatives some questions they had.

The college counselors Ms. Dabina Gim and Mr. John Gursky organized this event. They also arranged for student volunteers to guide the representatives and assist them with their needs.

Students from schools all over Taiwan attended the fair for different reasons often accompanied by their parents. Preston Tang (‘21), who attended the college fair, said, “I went because I was interested in meeting some representatives from colleges I wanted to go to.” Students who had never visited a college went to the college fair for a chance to interact with a college representative. “Because it is my first time interacting with a college representative, it was a way for me to see the kinds of choices [available] and what to look for,” Bill Lui (‘20), another attending student, said.

While hosting many colleges allows students to interact with a wide range of colleges, both students said that the college fair could have been improved by hosting it at a larger space so that visitors would not have to cram into a small space. Preston said, “All of the reps are crammed in the gym.”