National Honor Society launches club support initiative

Like many clubs, National Honor Society (NHS) runs a game booth at the food fair every year. [Charlotte L./The Blue & Gold]

To kick off the brand new school year, National Honor Society (NHS) has launched an initiative to provide all Taipei American School clubs with the support they need to be successful. Whether students want to establish a new club, run an event, or enhance day-to-day operations, NHS hopes to provide the designers, debaters, leaders, and other talented students as advisors who will work under club leadership to reach a common goal. 
Because there are so many clubs at TAS that new students may have difficulty choosing between, often times, the small, lesser known clubs are unable to expand. Thus, “service” at TAS has become largely characterized by sales and donations rather than active engagement with the community and spreading awareness of important issues. NHS President Andy Xu (‘20) said, “Echoing Dr. Long’s challenge to extend the service that we do, NHS wants to work hand-in-hand with clubs who share the same vision. Though the current state of affairs is admirable, we want to help clubs achieve the potential we know they can have.”