Introduction to Incoming Clubs: Flourishing Love

Members of Flourishing Love arrange bouquets together. [PHOTO COURTESY OF FLOURISHING LOVE]

Introduction: With the new school year comes a plethora of new school clubs, started by students with a drive to create a community for various interests. Through shared hobbies and passions, students are able to find mutual enthusiasm in the diverse variety of clubs. This year, a number of clubs have been founded with purposes in the fields of arts and crafts, to robotics and science. The Blue and Gold met with a few presidents from some of the new clubs, here’s a brief introduction to Flourishing Love.

Flourishing Love is one of the new clubs at Taipei American School (TAS) this year. Their mission is to spread love through floral arranging during events and outings. The president, Angela C. (‘24, she/her) has turned to floral arranging as a therapeutic activity to relieve stress throughout her upper school career. She hopes that the activity will have the same effect on everyone else. 

Besides flower arranging, Flourishing Love has brainstormed activities like donating to organizations and traveling to community institutions. “[A potential activity] our officers [suggested was] going to orphanages and teaching [the kids] how to create paper flowers or other small activities,” Angela said. 

As for her future plans for Flourishing Love, Angela hopes that the club can continue after she graduates. As a senior, she can only be president for a year, but with Claire L. (‘26) as vice president, Luna L. (‘26) as an activity head, as well as many other new members joining this year, Flourishing Love will surely continue to blossom.