Global Leadership Summit coming to Taipei

This summer, a team of ten TAS alumni plans to bring Global Leadership Organization(GLO) from the US to Taipei.
In less than two years, the Global Leadership Organization has already hosted eight leadership conferences all over the United States- in Boston, New York, Berkley, Los Angeles, and Texas- with the most recent one in Hsinchu, Taiwan during Spring Break.
“The GLO conference is an amazing ride,” says Ryan Chen (‘11). “The kind of practical skills and leadership qualities that I took away from the conference are applicable in every second of my life, and I would love to share this wonderful experience with my home TAS.”
Teddy Liaw, the founder of GLO, says, “We believe that with skills and the right attitude, people can drive tangible results, enact positive change in our world, and leave legacies that transcend our individual lives.”
For the past several months, the team of TAS alumni have been working with Teddy to plan a Taipei conference in August. They welcome those who are interested to either take part in the planning process or to sign up for the summit.
“I learned that the bridge between dreams and reality lies in real tangible skills to turn anything your mind dares to create into something real that benefits others,” says Annie Chen (11). “After going to the GLO conference in Hsinchu, I learned that skills breed confidence, and confidence fuels dreams.”
The GLO Conference in August will be the first conference ever hosted in Taipei and will be run mainly by TAS alumni. More information regarding the venue and registration process will be announced on the GLO website soon.
“The conference provides a great networking experience for everyone,” says Steve Fan (‘13), Director of the upcoming Taipei GLO Conference. “Students will walk away with networking and leadership skills that can be very important after they graduate. Just give GLO a leap of faith.”