Desserts to Drool Over

Desserts to Drool Over

Sizzling Green Tea Brownie
Myowa Japanese Sweets Cafe (No. 221, Jinhua Street, Daan District, Taipei)
If you’re a green tea lover, check out Myowa Cafe. Their menu features green tea sundaes, cakes, puddings, tarts, and basically every other dessert and drink you can think of, all flavored with green tea. They also have a unique treat: a brownie topped with a generous scoop of green tea ice cream and served with sizzling green tea syrup, which is poured into the hot pan right at your table.
Mochi Waffles
4 Mano Cafe (No.3, Lane 134, Section 2, Zhongxiao E. Road, Taipei)
1400927496-3383081319_n
There are an abundance of waffle options in Taipei, but 4 Mano sets itself apart by adding mochi to the middle of their waffles, providing a chewy surprise. Waffles at 4 Mano have the perfect crispy texture on the outside, and are soft and warm on the inside. Not to mention that they’re conveniently cut into teardrop shapes so you can pop them into your mouth in one bite. Drenched in chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and blueberries, these waffles are definitely a decadent delight.
Churros
Churro K (No. 157, Section 1, Dunhua S. Road, Daan District, Taipei )
10498527_1518361405059553_7647238861088288818_o
Churro K shows that churros aren’t just fried pieces of dough eaten by children at movie theaters, they can be restaurant quality dessert dishes too! The menu at Churro K features Tiramisu, Berry Cheesecake, and Churro sundaes, as well as the Spanish classic: churros with thick chocolate sauce, hot milk, and creamy soft serve. But if you’re planning to visit, make sure you reserve seats early; the wait can be as long as one hour.
Pearl Milk Tea Pancakes
Belle Epoque (No. 23, Lane 52, Section 1, Daan Road, Taipei)
If living in Taipei has made you a pearl milk tea addict, head over to Belle Epoque, a cafe near Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT station, to try their unique pearl milk tea flavored pancakes. Smothered in fluffy white cream and pearls, this sweet and creamy dish is made for two. Belle Epoque also offers oreo pancakes and delicious lunch dishes.

Souffle Pancake
Uzna Omom (No. 16, Alley 19, Lane 216, Zhongxiao E. Road, Section 4, Daan District, Taipei)
soufflepancake2
The Uzna Omom Cafe is the pancake house Taipei has been waiting for. From salty to sweet, their menu offers unique flavors like apricot, as well as simple classics: pancakes with just butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. But their signature dish is the famous souffle pancake. Although the Uzna Omom branch originated in Japan, this dish can now be found in Taipei, and it’s the fluffiest pancake you’ll ever get your hands on.