Tri-M Charity Concert Shares Music and Love

Thanks to all the amazing performers and the Tri-M Honor Society for making the Tri-M Charity Concert on Friday night a blast!
“The concert was amazing,” said Chris C. (12). “I especially enjoy Kevin and Eli’s solo because I felt like I’m with them…I love how [the concert] showcased the talents and artistic geniuses of TAS.”
Since its inception in 1996, the honor society has sponsored the Tri-M Charity Concert to share the joy of music as well as fundraise for St. Anne’s Orphanage. The event was open to everyone to attend, and Father Van Aert, current Supervisor of the orphanage, also brought along a group of children to enjoy Friday’s performances.
“I started playing the violin when I was five, and since then, music has become a huge part of my life,” said Angela H. (12), President of Tri-M Honor Society. “I love being able to serve the community through one of my biggest passion, music. Thus, the Tri-M Charity Concert is definitely something that means a lot to me, and I really enjoyed the experience. Seeing the performers express themselves on stage and the audience mesmerized by the performances made me extremely joyful.”
The concert was an eclectic mix of jazz, rock, classical, vocal, and even “junk rock” performed by the Recyclable Percussion Club, tossing the audience into a whirlwind of emotions.
“The Tri-M concert was humorous, fun, interesting, and really cool,” said Jodelle L. (11). “I like this year’s the best because they included many different kinds of music. The program was great, [and] the order [of the performances] made [them] fun to watch.”
As for Sherry T. (11) who also attended the event, she found it hard to fully describe her feelings. “I love the jazz performance because it makes me feel ‘jazzy,” she said. “The feeling was really indescribable.”
Visit our Facebook page for photos!