Visit Nan-Mei Coffee Shop for special dining options

[PHOEBE CHEN/THE BLUE & GOLD]

Located across Tianmu Elementary School, Nan-Mei Coffee Shop is one of the few cafes in Tianmu that is yet to be discovered and hoarded by TAS students. From cheesecake to bagels, Nan-Mei is most well known for its decadent refreshments and budget-friendly offers. 

At first glance, Nan-Mei may seem like just any other cafe; it sells cakes, coffee and an assortment of little snacks that can be found at most cafes in Tianmu. However, many guests often overlook the special dining offers the cafe offers. 

For instance, the cafe offers guests complimentary coffee, red tea or milk tea with toast before 11:00 am every morning. Moreover, during the cafe’s “tea time,” customers can purchase dessert at a discounted price of $30 NTD with any chosen beverage.

In addition to its generous menu, Nan-Mei’s comfortable atmosphere offers customers feelings of relaxation. Not only is the cafe a suitable place to finish homework on the weekends, it is also furnished to be a snug location to hang out with friends. While there are areas with desks and chairs for guests to work at, there are also spots in the cafe designated for customers to sit and converse. 

“I come to Nan-Mei to do homework a lot, but sometimes I see people sitting and enjoying themselves in the couch area,” student Tommy C. (‘21) said. “Overall, it’s a nice little place to visit during the weekends, regardless of what you are doing.”