Wood & Pot: New tropical-themed restaurant in Tianmu serves delicious and beautifully plated rice and noodle dishes

[SHARON LEE/THE BLUE & GOLD]

Wood & Pot, a restaurant known for its delicious food and unique interior design, has recently opened a new location on Tianmu North Road. A 13 minute walk from Taipei American School, this cafe is the perfect spot for a cozy brunch or dinner experience. 

Walking into the restaurant, the first thing you will notice is the tropical ambience. The room is full of natural light during the afternoons, with many plant decorations both inside and outside. The restaurant resembles an antique shop, with many figurines and ornaments placed around the seating areas. There is also a small book room with old magazines, novels and newspapers available. 

The restaurant has a minimum charge of 150 NT per person with a 120 minutes time limit during peak hours. There is free wifi but no power outlet is provided. 

The presentation of their dishes is one of the most impressive aspects of the restaurant. The restaurant sells salads, rice and noodle dishes, as well as a variety of desserts, including smoothies, cakes and teas.  Their meals are full of vibrant colors from fruits and vegetables, creating complex and unique flavors. 

Fried Fish Purple Glutinous Rice cover with Seaweed crisps and Sesame Tofu (420 NT) 

Rating: 4/5

The presentation of this dish is very beautiful and colorful, and it is also very flavorful. There are slices of fruit placed around the pan, which is covered with seaweed crisps. Underneath the seaweed are tofu, purple rice and fried fish. I would recommend sharing this dish, as the amount is quite large for just one person. 

Spaghetti with Spicy Shrimp in Xo Sauce (360 NT) 

Rating: 5/5 

This spaghetti dish is one I would definitely recommend. The noodles have a very rich flavor, which is enhanced by the spiciness of the dish. There are many types of vegetables and fruits around the noodles, which also gives it a refreshing taste. There is a generous amount of shrimp, which are very juicy and soft.

Spaghetti with Garlic Matsusaka Pork (380 NT) 

Rating: 4/5

This spaghetti dish has a more subtle flavor, so I would recommend this to anyone who prefers lighter dishes. I really enjoyed the matsusaka pork, as it is very soft but also chewy, and the dish also brings out its natural flavor. The slight sweetness of the guava and the grapes mix well with the taste of the noodles. 

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to TAS students or faculty members. Wood & Pot is a great spot to visit for its delicious food and interesting interior design. Although they are not open to reservations, it is totally worth it to stop by and check it out during your free time.