RECAP: Season 1 Soccer Exchange Results

Taipei American School held the soccer exchange from Sept. 20-21 in the Lower Field. The varsity boys and girls teams competed against the International School of Bangkok (ISB), the International School of Manila (ISM), and other Taiwanese local schools. The boys team tied with ISM in second place, while the girls team ended up in second place after ISM. 
On Friday, the boys team tied with a score of 1-1 against ISM while the girls team fought hard against Hsingwi Senior Highschool with a score of 0-6. “During the last 20 minutes of the first set, our team played the easy balls and not the hard ones. We marked out man and had chances, which I think are things that we did well on,” Prince D. Jr. (‘22) said. 
On Saturday, the boys team lost the game against ISB with a score of 1-3, but managed to adjust their strategies and win 2-0 against New Taipei Senior Highschool. The girls team ended the exchange strong with a win and a score of 2-0 against ISB, despite losing the first game against ISM by one point. 
Although it was raining hard throughout the exchange, each team demonstrated strong sportsmanship by putting in their full effort and trying their best. The players hope to gain more experience and learn from their mistakes as they prepare for the upcoming games in the Interscholastic Association of Southeast Asian Schools tournament (IASAS). “Our team has to get better in defense, go pick up more people, and be more aggressive,” Henrique P. L. (‘20), said.