IASAS Volleyball Exchange: In for the Gold

[LANA LEE/THE BLUE & GOLD]

The IASAS Volleyball Exchange that took place last weekend at the International School of Bangkok (ISB) had both wins and losses.
During the Taipei American School annual Volleyball Invitational from Sept. 6-7, the girls team won the Volleyball International Title. Continuing strong at the IASAS Volleyball Exchange, the girls team placed first. The team started strong with three wins against the International School of Bangkok, the International School of Manila (ISM)  and the Bangkok Sport School (BSS). However, in the last match against BSS they lost. Despite this loss, the girls volleyball team placed first; they’re now hoping to win at IASAS. “In preparation for IASAS, we [will] continue to develop our offensive plays and build a stronger connection within our team.” Catrina Y. (‘23) said.
Results for Girls Volleyball Team – 1st Place
Girls Volleyball 3 ISB 0
Girls Volleyball 3 ISM 0
Girls Volleyball 3 BSS 1
Girls Volleyball 2 BSS 3
The Boys Team placed 3rd at the Volleyball Invitational and were hoping to pull off a win at the volleyball exchange. However they had three losses to ISB, ISM and BSS but were able to stay strong and pull off a win in the last set against ISM. Despite placing third at the exchange, the boys volleyball team are training hard for the Season 1 IASAS championships
Results for Boys Volleyball Team – 3rd Place 
Boys Volleyball 1 ISB 3
Boys Volleyball 1 ISM 3
Boys Volleyball 0 BSS 1
Boys Volleyball 3 ISM 1
While the wins will unify the teams, the losses, will help the teams train, prepare and learn how to play in high pressure situations, as well as build the team up. Hopefully after training and preparing through the IASAS exchange, the volleyball teams will be able to take home gold for the IASAS championships next month.