REVIEW | The Key to excellent fitness

The Key, a new boutique gym in Daan district, offers exercise enthusiasts a wide array of advantages over other gyms in Taipei. Its convenient location near the Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT station’s exit 5 allowing anyone to travel there quickly at anytime. It is also accessible from 5:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., perfect for members who enjoy a less crowded space.  
The Key obtains its name from their app which allows members to access 3 floors of fitness training equipment, showers, changing rooms and lockers. Each floor of The Key corresponds to a state of mind that should be adopted by members in order to reach individual fitness goals: Flow, Drive and Balance.
On the ground floor of The Key, their partner, Coffeeology provides gym members a welcoming space for refreshments. You can order food and beverages ranging from a classic cup of warm coffee to a delicious veggie pita or French toast after a difficult workout.
Moving up from the café, the second floor fitness area of The Key is complete with cardio workout equipment needed for a total body workout. With 15’’ TV screens on all equipment, you can watch your favorite shows or enjoy the outside view while getting a great workout.
Another floor up is the strength floor where you can find Life FitnessTM signature series strength machines targeting every body part. The Key’s carefully selected fitness equipment allows exercisers of all fitness levels to meet their goals.
Moving up to the last “balance” floor of the fitness area is the functional training area equipped with kettlebells, dumbells and a hammer strength rack.
On the top floor of The Key, members can access a lounge open everyday from 1-10 p.m. for a refreshing break from working out. This space allows members to relax on an open-air rooftop and even order customized drinks from its bar.
Compared to other gyms, The Key is much more price-friendly to their members. A month of membership costs $1500 NT per month, and the gym draws monthly payments are drawn monthly to provides members the flexibility to pause their membership after each month.
Although membership at The Key comes with great convenience and all the above advantages, it only has three small showers which are frequently occupied by other members.
Nonetheless, if you are looking for an excellent, conveniently located gym with great facilities for exercisers of all fitness levels, The Key may be exactly what you are looking for.