Chau Wei Jiue: “pick your own” Chinese restaurant

[EVELYN HOU/THE BLUE & GOLD]

Located within walking distance from the Zhishan MRT station, Chau Wei Jiue is a Chinese noodle restaurant perfect for a simple, yet delicious meal. This restaurant allows customers to choose their own dishes, offering a variety of soup flavors, noodles, and toppings.  

Chau Wei Jiue offers five different noodle soup flavors, including spicy, pork bones, medicine, sesame oil with turmeric, and curry. There are also four flavors for dry noodles, including spicy hot and numbing, garlic, curry and numbing. The price of the soup ranges from $145 NT to $55 NT.  

In addition, they offer more than 45 different toppings to choose from as well as a variety of noodles. The toppings are displayed in the front of the restaurant and there are cards for each topping. The customer chooses what they want by taking a card from that topping. The price of the toppings varies from $10 NT to $60 NT, which is a reasonable price for the amount that is given. 

I ordered the pork bones soup and chose udon noodles and many toppings. I also got the lemon cold winter melon tea drink for another $10 NT. I really liked the soup because it was flavorful but not overpowering.

The restaurant is spacious, clean, and does not have many people. I would definitely recommend it since there is no need to wait in a line.  

However, the downside is that this restaurant uses disposable tableware. I think using disposable utensils and bowls is not as environmentally friendly and I think this is something that they should improve on. 

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant if you like to be able to pick your own ingredients or if you just want a flavorful noodle dish for a reasonable price.