Cafe by Juicy Diary: a hidden restaurant in Da’an

[VICTORIA HSU/THE BLUE & GOLD]
[VICTORIA HSU/THE BLUE & GOLD]

Cafe by Juicy Diary is one of many small restaurants situated on Siwei Road. As it is hidden in alleyways, the restaurant is often peaceful and calming, making it a perfect place to study or hang out with friends. Outside seating, aesthetic lights, and backgrounds make it worthy to have a place on your Instagram feed. 

The restaurant prides themselves on their healthy yet fulfilling food selection. From pasta to acai bowls, the prices range from 160NT-520NT. Even though the food might be a bit pricey, the quality and freshness of their food are worth it. 

For any dessert-lover, Cafe by Juicy Diary is a must. Chia pudding, soufflés, and chiffon cakes are among the many desserts made. In my opinion, the Earl Gray chiffon cake is the best cake. With subtle hints of vanilla and a base of Earl Gray, the cake is fluffy and tasty. The cream on the cake is thick but spaced out so it does not take away from the overall flavor. 

For brunch, I got the Acai Bowl for $380 NT, which is a blend of fruits and yogurt. The bowl was topped with blueberries, kiwi, bananas, honey and oats. For such a big bowl, the price was worth the quality and quantity of the Acai Bowl. Another brunch food I tried was the Mermaid Bowl, also for $380 NT. Similarly to the Acai Bowl, the Mermaid bowl was a mix of fruits and yogurt, topped with bananas, dragon fruit, blueberries and shredded coconut. While the Mermaid Bowl was a bit too watery, the Acai Bowl is worth a try. 

Especially with exams coming to an end, Cafe by Juicy Diary is a great place to go and celebrate with your friends or to study. The restaurant’s tranquil atmosphere and minimalistic decor ensure a productive workplace or a fun hang out spot. 

Whether you love or hate eating out, Cafe by Juicy is a restaurant that you should try. If you don’t love it, there are always other hidden restaurants around.